The objectives of the project are:
- Process development and Scale up of new botanical leads through GMP mode for Preclinical development and IND filing.
- Generate authentic, accurate and clinically acceptable data on the GMP material, which can potentially lead to new IPR’s.
- Develop new rational formulations of traditional drugs.
- Generate sufficient data for effective regularization and control of herbal /traditional medicines as well as nutraceutricals to move into international market.
The cGMP aspects of the facility being created are:
- Plant design as per WHO GMP norms
- Unidirectional man and material flow.
- Separate dedicated area for each activity provided with a separate AHU to avoid cross contamination.
- In house dedicated and modern testing facility.